Author Topic: Hanlon's of the Poyntzpass Area  (Read 2821 times)

SearchingForAnswers

• Looking for Relatives in Poyntzpass Area
    • View Profile
Hanlon's of the Poyntzpass Area
« on: October 11, 2015, 01:11:17 AM »
 :)
I have just registered here on the Poyntzpass & District Local Historical Society DIscussion Forum to see if anyone can help us.

We are trying to trace my mothers Great Grand Father, His Sister and his Wife.

The people we are trying to trace are: -
- James Hanlon, Father John Hanlon, Born about 1860, Worked for The Close Family up at Drumbanagher House.
- Kate Boyle, Father James Boyle, Born about 1875, From Co. Sligo, Was apparently Lady Close's Maid up at Drumbanagher House.
- James & Kate where married in St. Mary's CIO Drumbanagher in 1895.

- In the 1901 & 1911 Census James & Kate where living in Crumlin with a couple of kids so James & Harriet Jane where not the children of John Hanlon & Elizabeth Ann Thompson. I have registrations for 2x James's & Harriet Jane's in Drumbanagher Primary School.

- After a bit of digging around the Church History of the Drumbanagher area I discovered that between the Old Drumbanagher Church and the New St. Mary's Drumbanagher Church is probably the time that James & Harriet Jane where born. I reckon that they may have moved from one of the other CIO churches in the area to St. Mary's and that is why they where married there.

- James's Sister was Harriet Jane Hanlon who married John Gibson.

- Also we are trying to trace anyone who would have photographs of a John Hanlon living at Hanlon's Corner in aroung the 1900's.

- Does anyone know where I could write to get a copy of James & Harriet Jane's Pension Records, Church Registers to say they where Parishioners and Employee Records of Drumbanagher House.

We have a few gaps to fill so we can connect a few dots. If anyone knows of living relatives who are interested to chat that would be amazing.

Robert Williamson
07821 383843 | robert_williamso@hotmail.com